This position is primarily responsible for working in the local warehouse. Using the a overhead crane daily, moving slabs of granite, unloading containers of material. Forklift experience required. This position is also responsible to keep the warehouse clean.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Core duties and responsibilities include the following;
- Oversees loading and unloading of trucks to maintain a safe operation at all times.
- Loads and unloads trucks and containers which can include operating a forklift and yard crane.
- Oversees maintenance of truck fleet and recommends preventive maintenance.
- Informs Warehouse Manager of any unsafe conditions or emergency issues.
- Maintains clean warehouse, parking lot and area for unloading.
- Cuts and disposes of bundle wood.
- Assists customers in the stone gallery as needed.
- Moves slabs for customers as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Must be able to safely maneuver vehicles, forward and backward, and in tight quarters.
Physically able to lift, push, pull and move equipment, heavy carts throughout the day, with ability to load and unload carts from the trailers, trucks or utility vans.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Hours: 7am - 4pm M-F and Sat 9-1
Universal Granite & Marble offers all full time employees; PTO, Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, LTD, & 401k with company match