Class B CDL Driver
SUMMARY:This position is primarily responsible for driving a truck over an established route delivering slabs of granite and marble to customers as needed. Forklift experience is a plus, certification training will be provided.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Delivers materials to customers in a safe and timely manner.
- Must be able to safely maneuver vehicles, forward and backward, and in tight quarters.
- Listens to customer issues during deliveries.
- Properly completes a log book for deliveries.
- Ability to accurately check fluid levels for proper vehicle operation.
- Oversees maintenance of truck fleet and recommends preventive maintenance when necessary.
- Informs Warehouse Manager of any unsafe conditions or emergency issues immediately.
- Loads/unloads trucks and containers.
- Help maintain a clean loading dock area, warehouse, parking lot.
- Cuts and disposes of bundle wood.
- Assists customers in the stone gallery and moves slabs with overhead crane if needed.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Must possess a valid Commercial Driver's License with a clean motor vehicle record, Airbrake Endorsement Experience REQUIRED
- Current Department of Transportation (DOT) physical card.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Experience driving a flatbed truck and overhead crane not required but helpful.
- Certified Forklift License preferred.
- Physically able to be on feet for several hours at a time, climb up and down from a truck bed several times a day, drive non-stop for several hours at time, repetitively lift and carry items weighing as much as 50 lbs.
Salary: Hourly Pay (guaranteed 40 hours), PTO, Medical, Dental, 401(k) & Life Insurance